In a letter written to this newspaper, Sunway University disclosed that it had analysed 10 vape liquid brands and found that 70 per cent of them contained higher amounts of propylene glycol than what their labels stated.
What's worse, 80 per cent of the tested samples had traces of ammonia, a chemical present in products such as fertilisers, hair dyes and plastics. One clear indication that our regulators are not doing their job.
Medical professionals say prolonged exposure to such harmful chemicals will cause lung-related diseases, such as popcorn lungs and cancer, and even death.
There has been no record of vaping-related deaths in Malaysia, but (...)
August 21, 2023 by straitstimes.com