The vaping debate took a sinister twist yesterday after Irish scientists discovered a new health threat.
A highly toxic gas is released when a chemical found in some illegal vaping products is heated.
The research was led by chemists at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
It follows revelations in the US last year of an increasing number of lung injuries linked to vaping.
The Irish team tested what happened when they heated Vitamin E acetate – an ingredient found in THC-based vaping products.